Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mariel Part 3

   On the drive to the school (or Devil's Daycare) ,it is quiet,but not like I was paying attention anyway. She, as in my mother, could have screamed directly in my face and I wouldn't have heard. I was so caught up in other things like the reasons behind why people were following every step I took. I hadn't noticed we had pulled up at the school til my mom put her hand on my shoulder. I get out of the car without a word. No "I love you's" , "Have a good day", nothing like that. Ever since we moved here it had been that way. I walk directly to my locker, getting nasty stares...as always. I guess people here don't know how to welcome people, and I'll forever be The New Girl.
    Time ticks by slowly, boring class after another...til 4th period. A student worker walks into the classroom, her high heels clinking across the tile floor,and says,"Mariel Rodgers is needed immediately in the office." I look up from my work to find everyone's eyes on me. I walked out of the room to the office with my knees a little shaky. I look through the office's glass door to find some men in brown suits. Usually someone wouldn't freak out over this , but there is one thing- those men have been following me! TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment